The joy of pink
I may not have much pink in my home but I love to use it as a colour to paint with. I use all kinds of pink – from Telemagenta to light dusky Pantone shades and all stages in between. It reminds me of human skin, love, warmth, my mother, happiness, flowers, new born babies, sea anemones, unicorns and pigs.
And if that little lot isn’t doing it for you then maybe the additions of black and gold will help shape it into a different set of emotions for you.
In this abstract painting I’ve used a fair old chunk of pink (it’s a Pantone colour I had made for me) and this is enveloped by a range of colours that help calm down the sheer exuberance of it.
Shapes and things
Mixing light and dark is essential in a painting as it helps you define one colour from the net, or one tonal shift from the next. These are at their most powerful when the opposites are extreme.
In this instance the power of pink is entirely supported by black but is also contained by it. The darker tones are perhaps the most important part – even if they’re not he ones that are most obvious.
I have created all kinds of wonderful and engaging shapes in the painting. There are ridges and valleys, rivers and flow and with that sensational metallic gold I also have a shimmering metallic element in there too. There are twists and turns, sharp points and soft points and a thousand tiny details to behold (see the close up shots for proof!).
- Canvas: Polyester 340gsm
- Preparation: One coats of primer, one additional skim coat
- Paints: Enamel paint (8 colours) made to my own recipe
- Frame: 44mm Museum graded floating frame with 8 tensioning corner wedges.
- Hand-stretched and stapled on the reverse
- Book a visit to my Gallery in the UK. Mail or call to arrange
- I will come and see you with a selection of my art – all included in the price
- EU, USA and other International shipping is available
- My team will hang this painting for you
- If you like this painting here’s what to do next
GET IN TOUCH
Mobile: (+44) 7722 101012
Landline: (+44) 1453 299725