A magnificent explosion of a painting inspired by the universe
There really isn’t a much bigger thing to draw upon for inspiration than our universe.
Vast, beautiful, magnificent and endlessly fascinating. Taking some of that and using it to create with is an absolute joy, even if it gets a little overwhelming at times.
- Canvas: Belgian cotton medium weave; 11 0z
- Preparation: One coats of Gesso primer.
- Paints: Enamel paint (7 colours) made to my own recipe
- Frame: 44mm Museum graded floating frame with 8 tensioning corner wedges.
- Hand-stretched and stapled on the reverse
- Signed on the reverse (so you can hang it in any orientation)
This short film of mine celebrates the art of pouring paint.