THE STORY BEHIND IT
The sun is a pretty amazing thing when you stop to think about it. Don’t worry though – I’m not about to wander into some romantic prologue about the subject but it’s handy to know that there’s a very real influence from it in this painting.
In fact the composition (and colour) is largely down to a memory I have of a sky I saw earlier this summer. When something like that takes your breath away I find it’s better to convey the feeling through my hands rather than my mouth. That’s how One of These Days came about.
There are many colour combinations I enjoy working with but anytime I get pink, orange and lime green together I tend to go nuts. In a good way you understand. Even if I mess up (and I frequently do) I just cut more canvas and carry on. I can’t ever recall feeling unhappy when these colours and around me. They just lift your mood in a heartbeat.
For a relatively stress-free composition of lines and dots there’s a surprising level of detail to be discovered; small twists and turns of the tools and additives that bring an extra dimension of interest into an already very jubilant piece of art.
It’s slim and long shape will find it at home in even the narrowest of wall spaces. Ideal above a sofa or a long feature wall in a kitchen/diner or conservatory. At least then you can celebrate a sunset every day of the year, especially when the weather is less than kind.
- Canvas: Belgian medium weave; 375 gsm
- Primer: Three coats prior to painting
- Paints: My own formula enamel paints (7 colours)
- Frame: 44mm Museum graded European softwood with ultra-low moisture content
- Book a visit to my Gallery in the UK. Mail or call to arrange.
- I will come and see you with a selection of my art – all included in the price.
- I run a fully-insured international art delivery service and take my work all over the world
- Can be hung on any substrate or surface (except glass).
- My team will hang this painting for you.