A large smokey-grey and black painting with some delicately crafted finishes
The best colour combination?
I think so, or at least one of them.
In what can be seen as a very commanding and confident painting there’s a surprising grace and delicacy to it.
- Canvas: Belgian cotton medium weave; 11 0z
- Preparation: Two coats of primer, one additional skim coat
- Paints: Enamel paint (6 colours) made to my own recipe
- Frame: 44mm Museum graded floating frame with 8 tensioning corner wedges.
- Hand-stretched and stapled on the reverse
This short film of mine celebrates the art of pouring paint.